| Sister Emma Lynn Holdaway | Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission | October 2013-May 2015 |

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Week #9-"This too shall Pass!"

Emma's Second Companion: Hermona Munoz




Hello, everyone!

Hermana Holdaway here, reporting live and kidney stone free, once again in Olanchito!  I'm so happy to be back here in my home in Honduras, which is away from my home in Brazil, which is away from my real home which is in America because America.    

I would like to start off this email with a list of hard things that I have passed:

1.  A kidney stone.
2.  Brazilian immigration officials.*
3.  Math 313.

*If you guys didn't know, I illegally lived in Brazil for like a month because my visa expired.  So if you thought you were hardcore, you're actually not because I'm more hardcore than you, just saying.  Also I'm currently living in Honduras with a toilet that doesn't flush soooooooooooooo.....point made.


I have a new companion!  Her name is Hermana Muñoz.  She's 23, and she's from Columbia!  She's super sweet and nice, and we're going to get along just fine.  I've been showing her around the area and introducing her to the members of our branch and all of our investigators.  Technically she's the senior companion, but I've been in charge of what we're going to do every day, who we're going to visit, and what we're going to teach.  So pretty much I'm going to be a zone leader next transfer.    

Hey, remember how I got robbed that one time?  Well, it turns out that the guy who robbed us is actually a member of the church.  He's not active, but he was baptized when he was a kid.  But still.  Like what the heck.  Oh, and he got murdered the other day, so now he's really not active.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...