| Sister Emma Lynn Holdaway | Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission | October 2013-May 2015 |

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Week 3 in Mexico MTC






¡Buenas tardes!

I've officially been on my mission for 22 days.  I DON'T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I'M FEELING 22 EVERYTHING WILL BE ALRIGHT IF YOU KEEP ME NEXT TO YOUUUUU.

Anyway, just like last week, this week was hard.  Sometimes it gets so hard that I ask myself why I'm even doing this.  But then it hits me: I'm doing this because this is the truth.  I know it with 100% of my heart.  There's no way that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints isn't true.  There's no way that The Book of Mormon isn't true.  I know that it's true.  I can feel it in my heart.  There are currently over 80,000 missionaries serving for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  All of these 18-20 year old kids wouldn't sacrifice everything and leave their lives behind if it wasn't true.  They just wouldn't.  So when I stop and think about that, it makes all the hard times worth it.  Because I'm out here for The Lord: I'm out here for the truth. 

I got my Mexico soccer jersey!  I'll attach a picture so you can all see.  It's pretty much the best thing ever and it really makes me want to be an athletic person.

That's a joke, I never want to be an athletic person.

So I ate "enchiladas con mole" for lunch today.  So I ate some mole.  Who even knows what they feed us sometimes.  But usually the food is pretty good.  The hermanas and I have gotten pretty crafty with our Nutella though.  And the best way to eat it is with frosted flakes.  Seriously.  Slap some Nutella in the bottom of your cereal bowl, put some frosted flakes in it, pour some milk up in there, and eat it.  It will honestly change your life, I promise.

I've gotten sick which has been a major, major party.  I forgot what it feels like to be able to breathe.  And I cry all the time which just clogs my system up even more so that's been great.

I literally can't even remember what happened this week.  So this is gonna be a pretty boring email.  Oh yeah!  The hot water in our casa was broken so I had to take an ice cold shower ten nights in a row.  Okay, maybe not ten, but it felt like ten.  

I'm a really boring missionary.  LO SIENTO NO LO SIENTO.  I'll try and remember some interesting stuff to tell you guys next week.

I've only been in the MTC for three weeks and I'm already over halfway done with The Book of Mormon!  I have less than ten chapters left in Alma, and then it's smooth sailing from there on out.  These war chapters are gonna be the death of me though.

I love you all!

Love,

Hermana Holdaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...