| Sister Emma Lynn Holdaway | Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission | October 2013-May 2015 |

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Week 4 in Mexico--Happy Thanksgiving!



An inside joke for our family!  The only Portuguese we know!

Love our Emma!


Hello, everyone!

Happy Thanksgiving!  I'm jealous of all of you that are in America right now.  Because I'm in Mexico.  And I'm not looking forward to having Mexican food for Thanksgiving.  Maybe they'll surprise us and give us mashed potatoes or something.  That would honestly make my whole day.  But I give you all permission to eat double portions of turkey and mashed potatoes and pie to make up for me.  And I'll eat double tacos for you.  Win, win.

Well, like always, this was a really hard week.  Mostly because of the elders in my district.  They make fun of me a lot.  I'm by far the best at Spanish in my class, and they give me crap about it all the time.  I'm not saying that to be all, "I'M THE BEST EVERYONE CLAP FOR ME," but I'm just trying to set up the situation and stuff.  Anyway, I was nervous that they weren't going to like me because I was better than them.  They're always like, "I'm Emma, and I know everything.  I'm Emma, and I know so much more than any of you.  I'm Emma, I'm Emma, I'm Emma."  And they call me Hermana Hermione.  They were like, "Except you're first year Hermione.  You're super annoying and think you're the best.  Only difference is, we don't become friends at the end."  And I just have to sit there and take it.  Because I'm too scared to say anything to them because I'm worried that they'll all gang up on me.  It's just hard to sit there day after day knowing that these guys hate me.  It's hard.

Anyway, on a happier note, we got to eat authentic Mexican tamales yesterday!  They were super yummy.  TAMALES, TAMALES.  And a couple of nights ago everyone in our district just burst out in the National Anthem.  All of the Latinos walking around were probably wondering what the heck was going on, but we all just miss America lots and lots.  Except I haven't been there since July!  I miss me some America.  

Also the irons here are possessed.  I burnt a hole in one of my skirts.  I was so mad.  After it happened I was like, "THAT'S IT.  I'M GOING HOME."  It's a joke that the hermanas and I say whenever something bad or stupid happens.  But really!  I have a limited amount of skirts, so I was sad when I burnt it.  It's not that big of a hole, and I can still wear the skirt and stuff but like.
 -____-

Even though my mission is hard, it's worth it.  I've met some of my best friends here.  And only 11 more days until I go to Honduras!  I'm so nervous.  AHHHHHHH.

I love you all, and happy turkey day!

Love always,

Hermana Holdaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...