| Sister Emma Lynn Holdaway | Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission | October 2013-May 2015 |

Monday, September 22, 2014

Week #42--Rain

It rained really hard Tuesday night while we were walking home from our dinner appointment.  But it was actually super cool because we were walking in the street and it wasn't raining where we were were, but we saw and heard the rain a couple hundred feet in front of us.  So we literally walked right into the rain and IT WAS TOTALLY AWESOME.  Life is beautiful though, like wow.  But it was actually amazing and I'm not being sarcastic and we came home happy and soaking wet.  I was double happy because I had an excuse to make hot chocolate.  I love hot chocolate.  But Honduras doesn't make anyone crave hot chocolate because Honduras is hot.  Honduras is really hot.  Like too hot.  Like I'm probably going to live in Alaska for the rest of my life and be totally happy with never, ever having summer ever again.  Like ever.

Okay, that's a lie.  Because summer means bonfires and drive-in movie theaters and star gazing and frozen yogurt and car washes and play grounds and the Fourth of July and swimming. 

I'll probably get back together with summer one day.  But for right now, I need my space.  I need some time to myself in order to think things through.

The men here in Honduras have been super crazy this week.  We were walking home from church yesterday with the Elders and we walked past this guy and he started screaming, and I mean screaming, "TAKE ME WITH YOU, GRINGA.  IF YOU JUST SAY THE WORD I'LL BE A MORMON.  YOU HAVE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL EYES.  ETC, ETC, ETC."  Like, ew.  No.  And he was still screaming at me when I was two blocks away from him.  And then this other guy gave me a rose and I was like, "Thanks." *hair flip*

And so lol that this one elder was complaining about how hard it is to be a gringo in Honduras and I was like, "Smh, try being gringo and a woman, Elder, and then come talk to me."  So yeah, after almost a year in Honduras I've been officially desensitized to all pick up lines.

Also 1 Nephi 1:7 basically describes what my life is going to be like after my mission.

I also finished reading the Book of Mormon again this week.  It's super true.  You guys should read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was gonna write more but I'm all out of time so BYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,

Hermana Holdaway


Rain makes you wet

 Prayer posters that we made for one of our investigators, l.o.l


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...