| Sister Emma Lynn Holdaway | Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission | October 2013-May 2015 |

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Week #37--What's in a Name

Hi.

So here we are at the end of another transfer.  And Hermana Calpa is leaving me. :(  She has changes.  We only have two more days together.  I'm super sad.  Hermana Calpa is honestly one of my best friends.  I don't know what I'm going to do without her.  But I'm sure that my new companion will be amazing as well.  :)

And when I say new companion, I mean like new new.  Like new as in someone who's fresh out of the MTC.

Like new as in I'm gonna train.

Imma have a daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  SI HOMBEEEEEEE.

And that's the biggest news of the week!

I'm a little nervous to train, but I know I'm going to learn so much.  The first couple of months in the mission are definitely the hardest, and I want to be the best companion ever for my little greenie.


This week during my personal study, I was reading in the Book of Helaman in the Book of Mormon.  In chapter 5, the prophet Helaman counsels his sons, Nephi and Lehi.  He says to them: 

"Behold, my sons, I desire that ye should remember to keep the commandments of God; and I would that ye should declare unto the people these words.  Behold, I have given unto you the names of our first parents who came out of the land of Jerusalem; and this I have done that when you remember your names ye may remember them; and when ye remember them ye may remember their works; and when ye remember their works ye may know how that it is said, and also written, that they were good.

Therefore, my sons, I would that ye should do that which is good, that it may be said of you, and also written, even as it has been said and written of them."

I love these verses because they highlight the importance of our names.  We each have a name, but have you ever stopped to think about what your name means?  Are you making a name for yourself?  And if you are, what kind of name are you making?  When people hear your name, what do they think?

When I hear the name Kimberly Holdaway, I think of the most amazing woman that I know.  The woman who taught me to study the scriptures and love the Lord.  When I hear the name Dale Holdaway, I think of the man who always encouraged me to be my best.  The man who oftentimes had more faith in me than I had in myself.  When I hear the name Cameron Holdaway, I think of a young, dedicated man, who is far better than I'll ever be (and who makes the best chocolate chip cookies ever!).  When I hear the name Parker Holdaway, I can't help but smile.  That punky, teenager is my best friend.  :)  When I hear the name Paige Holdaway, I see a little girl with a heart full of love, always ready to serve those around her.


AMY JUST EMAILED ME SAYING THAT TAYLOR SWIFT IS RELEASING A NEW ALBUM IN OCTOBER BUT MY MISSION DOESN'T END UNTIL APRIL.

But now I know the first thing that I'm doing after I get off my mission!!!!!  Listening to Tay's new album!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (And eating Cameron's chocolate chip cookies.....) 

But anyway.  I always start out trying to be all inspirational and stuff but then it's like, no, and then sometimes I get really depressing pop culture updates that make me sad but it's okayyyyy!!!!!!!!!!  Casually yoloing in Honduras cause thatz lyfe.

But basically what I wanted to say is that you should all be super amazing people so that people will think amazing things when they hear your name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But okay.  I guess I'm gonna go now.  

Love,

Hermana Holdaway


PS:  Hey, Cam.  In case you couldn't tell from reading this email, I'm really craving your chocolate chip cookies.  Feel free to send me some.  ;)

PPS:  My ear is all inflamed and infected again.  I love Honduras!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  But actually I do love Honduras and it's my favorite and I'm probably going to live here for the rest of my life!

Lol, just kidding.

I love you all.  HUGS AND KISSES

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...