| Sister Emma Lynn Holdaway | Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission | October 2013-May 2015 |

Monday, August 25, 2014

Week #38--Not one companion, not two companions, but THREE companions!

Hey, everyone!

It's been a long, interesting week.  Hermana Calpa and I found out about transfers Monday, and we spent the next two days going around and visiting all of the investigators, converts, and members in our area so that Hermana Calpa could say goodbye to them.  Then we got her all packed up Tuesday night and left for the transfer meeting in La Lima Wednesday morning!  It's about a three hour bus ride from La Ceiba to La Lima, so we left around 6:00 AM in order to get there by 9:00 AM.

And then I met my daughter!  Her name is Hermana Tito.  She's from Peru.  She's 19, just like me.  And she's going to turn 20 in September, just like me!  Her birthday's the 12th, and mine's the 13th.  PARTY.  

If there's anything I've learned in these past few days with my new companion, it's that training a new missionary is a little hard.  I have to be super strong and positive and happy and responsible 24/7.  Because new missionaries literally don't know anything, haha.  Pobrecitos.  And adjusting to the mission is really hard, so I have to be super supportive and understanding as well.  If I'm having a hard day or if I'm stressed or anything, I just have to fake it and put on a smile!  

Training Hermana Tito has made me think a lot about my trainer, Hermana Alejandro.  Now that I know what it's like to train a new missionary, I appreciate Hermana Alejandro even more than I did before.  If training is hard for me, I can't even imagine how hard it was for her, especially because I didn't speak any Spanish!  

But don't worry, I'm going to be the best trainer ever.  And I'm already teaching Hermana Tito all of the ups and downs of the mission.

For example: 


 Lol, just kidding.

Also I now have two companions.

Aka, I'm in a trio.

Hermana Alfaro, one of the sisters in my district, finished her mission early and went home today because of problems she's been having in her knee.  President Klein has been trying to find a mini missionary (aka someone who lives here in Honduras who wants to come be a full time missionary for a month or so) to take her place, but so far we haven't had any luck.  So Hermana Alfaro's companion, Hermana Orosko, doesn't have anyone to stay with.  So she's going to be joining Hermana Tito and I for a little while.  Hopefully it will just be for a week or so, but it's possible that she'll be with us until the beginning of October.  It will be a little weird to be in a trio.  It's hard enough learning how to teach well with two people, and it's going to be even harder with three!  But it will be an adventure.  

So now I've officially had 6 companions!  And Hermana Orosko is my first companion from Central America.  She's from Guatemala.  All of my previous companions have been from South America.  I was hoping to keep that streak going, but I mean, I guess I'll get over it.  Especially because Hermana Orosko is a sweetheart.

And so yeah.  The church is super true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love always,

Hermana Holdaway


"How much of life do we miss by waiting to see the rainbow before thanking God that there is rain?" - President Uchtdorf

Pictures:



 My other half

Honduras is really pretty sometimes

My new companion and my crazy and wild hair
because I don't know about you, but I'm feeling 22

ADIOS, HERMANA ALFARO

 #missionaryproblems

TWINS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...