| Sister Emma Lynn Holdaway | Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission | October 2013-May 2015 |

Friday, July 25, 2014

Week #17--Betty Crocker Rules the World! (and Emma's wonderful testimony is included!)


The best missionaries in the World

Hermana Munoz loves me
Our relationship in a picture!

Somos super lindas!



Hola, everyone!

We're just all gonna pretend that I say "hola" correctly.  Because apparently I don't know how to say it.  This one Elder from Mexico was trying to teach me how to say "hola" for about ten minutes but then I gave up cause I'm white and I'm a gringo and I'm just gonna embrace the fact that I can't say "hola" with a good accent CAUSE AMERICA.
Alex got baptized on Saturday and it was one of the happiest days of my life.  The baptismal service was amazing.  All the missionaries from my district came to support me and Hermana Muñoz, and they were all like, "Congrats, Holdaway."  And I almost cried.
After Alex got baptized, he bore his testimony.  And he said, "I want to thank Hermana Holdaway and Hermana Muñoz for teaching me the gospel and for showing me how I can become a better person."  And then we ate the chocolate Betty Crocker cake that I made.  With the chocolate Betty Crocker frosting that I bought.  And all the Hondurans were like, "This is so good."  And I'm like, "America."
Remember a couple of weeks ago when I was all sad because I wanted someone to remember my name, and blah, blah, blah?  Well after the baptismal service, Hermana Odekirk was like, "Hey, Hermana Holdaway.  Alex'll remember your name."  
Throwback to when I was shopping for my mission and I went to the sister missionary mall and they were like, "YOU NEED THIS $50 UMBRELLA BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T BUY THIS UMBRELLA AND YOU GO TO HONDURAS YOU WILL DIE."  And remember how I believed them and bought the umbrella?  Well now that umbrella is dead.  And I mean like super dead.  Like more dead than Voldemort.  So thanks, sister missionary mall.  Never shopping there again, HEHHHHHHHH.
This week someone spelled my name as follows: Hermana Guaguaway.  I can now check that one off my bucket list....because that was totally on my bucket list...not.  But after being in Honduras I can cross lots of things off my bucket list that were never really on there to begin with.  Like kidney stones and seeing dead bodies in the street.  Life's an adventure.
I started reading "Jesus the Christ."  Holy good book.  You should all go read it.  The gospel is super true.  And the more I learn about it, the stronger my testimony grows.  There's not a doubt in my mind that this is the true church.  There's not a doubt in my mind that the Priesthood was restored to this earth through the prophet Joseph Smith.  There's not a doubt in my mind that Jesus Christ is my Savior and my Redeemer.  He lives.  And because he lives, we live. 
I invite each and every one of you to learn about and investigate this gospel.  Trust me, you won't be disappointed!  This gospel brings hope, peace, and light into our lives that we can't find any other way.  I know that it's the truth.  And that's why I'm here in Honduras.  These past five months have been the hardest months of my life, but I keep pressing on because I know what I'm doing is important.  And I know that it's true.  Trust me, if this wasn't the truth, I would've gone home a long time ago.  But I'm willing to sacrifice everything for this gospel.  Because this gospel has given me everything.  It's made me who I am.  It's changed my life. 
So go on and visit www.mormon.org.  
And any questions you have you can direct them to emma.holdaway@myldsmail.net and I would be happy to answer them for you.  
I love you all!
Con amor,
Hermana Holdaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...