| Sister Emma Lynn Holdaway | Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission | October 2013-May 2015 |

Friday, July 25, 2014

Week #31 Part 2: The Sequel

Hey.

Here I am again.  With Part 2 of Week #31.  The best sequel ever.  Like even better than Harry Potter 7 Part 2, or Breaking Dawn Part 2, or Toy Story 2, or whatever.  You guys are all just really, really lucky to get a double dose of Hermana Holdaway this week.

But anyway.

Hermana Calpa and I didn't have changes!  So here we are happy to have six more weeks together.  Hermana Calpa is only my second companion that I've had for more than one transfer, and after getting switched around and around and around, I'm happy that I can relax and not worry about getting used to a new companion.

Especially because things are hard right now.  Hermana Calpa and I have been trying to find new investigators who will progress, but as of now, no such luck.  We've been doing a ton of contacting, and have met a lot of new people, but nobody's progressing!  It's terrible.  Sometimes I feel like I'm not making any difference at all here in La Ceiba.  It's hard.  And this week I was an emotional wreck.  I've never wanted to go home so much in my life.  Normally I'm super motivated to go out and work and improve and be a better missionary each day, but this week I just didn't want to do anything.  I was sulking and walking around in the streets with a bad attitude like OMG POOR ME THE WHITE GIRL ALL ALONE IN HONDURAS WAHHH.

But yesterday, after casually drinking my papaya smoothie that I bought from the little shop close to our house, I just decided to change my attitude.  I was just like, "Shut up, Emma, you're dumb.  Just be happy!" 

And it worked!  And then I was back to my normal, happy self, laughing and joking with Hermana Calpa and eating all the food everywhere because food >>>>>>

And that's how I learned that we're really in charge of our attitudes.  We always like to blame someone or something else for our behavior, when really we're completely responsible for our actions.  Sure, sometimes life sucks, but that doesn't mean that we have to walk around like an angry elf our entire lives.  We should just be happy and smile and sing and eat and love and dance and laugh and live because life is beautiful.

And that's the end of my sequel.

I'm Emma Holdaway.  Yesterday I got yelled at by a black guy on drugs and almost peed my skirt because I was so scared.  I'm really craving some Reese's right now.  And I'm a Mormon.

And there's also a 30% chance it's already raining.

Until next time,

Hermana Holdaway



Zona La Ceiba!

Hermana Alfaro and I drinking mango juice out of plastic baggies because Honduras is super classy and sophisticated. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...