| Sister Emma Lynn Holdaway | Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission | October 2013-May 2015 |

Friday, July 25, 2014

Week #26 Part Two--Vivo en La Ceiba!

Hola, vos.

Here I am in my brand new area, El Iman en La Ceiba!  And I'm in love.  The houses are pretty, the roads are paved, my toilet flushes, and my area is right next to the beach!  And when we went to the grocery store last week, I found pretzels, Goldfish, chocolate chips, and root beer.  I don't think life could get any better.

My new companion is Hermana Calpa!  I've known her for my whole mission because she served in Olanchito while I was there too.  She's from Columbia!  But I'm super happy to be companions with her.  Getting a new companion is honestly one of the most stressful parts of the mission.  Because what happens if you get a loca?  You die.  Having a good companion is so important.  Everything else can suck, the food, the area, the ward, but if you have a good companion, then you're good to go.  So transfer meetings are always scary, just sitting there dying waiting to find out who your companion is.  You know that first day of school feeling?  Where your stomach isn't exactly normal and you can't sit still and you're just like AHHHHHHHHH.  That's what I feel like every transfer meeting.  But it's all okay because I'm here with my Calpita.  

Hermana Calpa almost went home this past change.  Her feet are super swollen, and sometimes she can't even walk.  President Klein wanted to send her home for health reasons, but Calpa didn't wanna leave.  So here she is!  But she has to stay in the house for two extra hours every day to rest.  I'm a little stressed about that because I don't like being in the house when I know I should be out working.  I know it's out of my control, but sometimes I still feel a little guilty.  I'm worried about not having enough lessons during the week.  But we gotta do what we gotta do.  I'm gonna try not to stress it too much.

La Ceiba is really different from Olanchito.  I'm in a ward now instead of a branch, but my branch in Olanchito was a lot stronger than my ward here in La Ceiba!  In Olanchito, we usually had 130-150 people in church every Sunday, but here we're lucky if we get 80!  Finding people to teach is also a lot harder here.  In Olanchito anyone would let you in, but here, everyone's like, "GO AWAY."  But we have some really amazing investigators that we're working with right now, and I know we're going to see success with them!

My district only has six people in it: four hermanas and two elders.  So we'll see how that goes.

I had the craziest experience this week!  Hermana Calpa was taking me around to meet the different members of our ward my first couple of days here.  She introduced me to this one family, La Familia Carias, and Hermano Carias was like, "Your name's Holdaway?"  And I was like, "Yup!"  And he was like, "Your dad was my first companion in the mission."  Cue "It's a small world after all."  Like, woah.  I remember when I found out that I was going to Honduras my dad was like, "I had companions from Honduras!"  But I never thought that I would ever meet them!  How crazy is life.  

Hermana Urresta just emailed me and said that Alex bore his testimony in church on Sunday and paid his tithing.  I've never been so proud.  Please always keep my people in your prayers.  I'm worried for them.  It was hard to leave them because now I'm not there to take care of them.  Now there's some other missionary there who's not going to love them as much as I do.  But I know that the power of prayer is real, and that our Heavenly Father can take care of them far better than I can.  But always pray for Alex, Eliza, Reina, Kevin, Sunilda, and Ingrid.  Please, please, please.

Well, I think that's it for this week.  Hasta el proximo P-Day.

Con amor,

Hermana Holdaway


Paparazzi Time:


All the hermanas that came to Honduras at the same time (with the exception of the lovely Paige Porter, to whom I'm sending muchos abrazos.  We miss and love you!)


 My favorite.  I miss this crazy lots and lots.  You can do hard things Hermana Odekirk.  You can do hard things.  You can also drink water out of the ground.  Always remember that.

Rhino


 Elephant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 


  Mi Calpita y yo. 

 My new district!

 Eating a mango.  There are so many mango trees here in Honduras.  And it's mango season right now.  I've never eaten so many mangos in my entire life.  But they're really, really, REALLY good so I'm okay with it.


 Compas.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...