| Sister Emma Lynn Holdaway | Honduras San Pedro Sula East Mission | October 2013-May 2015 |

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Week #33: Dear Diary...

HEY GUYS.

I brought my journal with me this week to help me remember what happened and stuff but now I'm really lazy and don't feel like thinking because thinking is a dangerous past time (bonus points if you can tell me what movie I'm referencing).

I just really like run-on sentences because it's like I'm completely rebeling against Mr. Cronin and I love it.

So anyway.  Here we go:

Tuesday July 15, 2014

Today we went over to teach Angela, a reference from Hermana Delsa, the super loud and independent black woman in our ward.  We started teaching her the Plan of Salvation but then she was like "ACTUALLY I WANNA TELL YOU GUYS ALL MY MARRIAGE PROBLEMS."  But listening to Angela's marriage problems just made me want to get married and have the best marriage ever.  And if my marriage goes as well as each of my companionships in my mission have gone so far, then it will be the best thing ever.

Cause apparently it's a thing that your future husband or wife is gonna have characteristics of your mission companions.  A saber.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.  But I want to be able to laugh with my husband the way that I laughed with Hermana Alejandro.  I want to be best friends with my husband the way that Hermana Muñoz and I are best friends.  I want to be able to talk and be open with my feelings the way that Hermana Urresta and I were.  And I want to have the crazy mind connection thing that Hermana Calpa and I've got going on.  And then I'll be happy.

BAGGY.  BAGGY.  BAGGY.  BAGGY.  BAGGY.  BAGGY.

Wednesday July 16, 2014

Today we had a really, really good lesson with Jose Alexis, a less active member.  He's 18, and he lives in the house right in front of our apartments.  He's the nephew of Hermano Carias, my dad's companion from his mission!  Anyway, before today, I'd never had a lesson with Jose Alexis.  I always thought that he was just some punk kid who cared more about his friends and his girlfriend than going to church.  I didn't think that he had a legit reason for not going and stuff like that.  I just thought he was lazy.

But anyway, he really opened up to us today.  And I was able to learn why he is the way he is.  He told us a lot about what's been going on in his life and about the problems that he's been having.  It was really sad to hear some of the things that he's had to go through, but I know that the gospel can help him get his life back on track.  He also told us about the goals that he has for his future, and he promised us that he would go to church on Sunday!

Thursday July 17, 2014

Today we had divisions with the sister training leaders.  I stayed here in my area and worked with Hermana Sherman.  She's from Washington and has been here in the mission for 13 months.

We had a good day!  We visited our converts, some investigators, and had missionary correlacion.

And then the power went out.  But only in our neighborhood.  And it sucks when the power goes out because then our apartment doesn't have water and all I wanted to do was take a shower.  But nope.  So here we are writing in our journals by candlelight.

Friday July 18, 2014

Today we went over to visit Los Mosquitos.  And they gave us lunch.  And by lunch I mean that their dad who works in a fishing boat in the ocean brought home a huge sack of fish and so Suesi, the mom, fried us up some fish with the eyes and the teeth and everything still intact, like thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But it was gross cause when Suesi was eating she just dug her finger right into the eye socket, popped that sucker out, and ate it.  And I'm like, ew.

Today we also taught Lina the Word of Wisdom.  Lina is our golden investigator.  She's the one who told us that she'd been praying for guidance from God when we knocked on her door!  Anyway, she's been progressing really well ever since then.  She has a testimony of the Restoration and she knows that the world should have a prophet today.  The only challenge with Lina is that she hasn't been able to come to church yet.  Every Sunday she swears that she's going to go, but something always comes up that keeps her from going.  Satan's working really hard to keep her from getting baptized because he knows that Lina's going to be an amazing member of the church.  But I have faith that Lina will keep pushing forward!

Saturday July 19, 2014

This morning Hermana Calpa and I woke up with bad stomach aches.  We're pretty sure that it's from the fish that Suesi gave us.  Hopefully we don't die.

This afternoon we had a really great lesson with a new investigator, Abel.  He's a cousin of Darsy, an inactive that we just recently started working with.  He's not going to any church right now, but he told us that he wants to change his life and work on strengthening his relationship with God.

We were talking with him a little bit before starting the lesson, and he seemed super sincere and interested.  Anyway, when we went to start the lesson, Hermana Calpa and I were both looking for a hymn to sing.  And we both picked #50, Más Cerca Dios de Ti.  Hermana Calpa and I are always super connected like that.  We're always thinking the same things.  And if I wanna eat, she wants to eat.  So I mean, it's pretty great.

Anyway, our lesson with him was great!  The Spirit was really strong.  We talked about faith and repentance and how the gospel can really help us change our lives.  Abel understood everything and had really great comments and questions.  He's super prepared to hear the gospel.

But he did tell us that he was in jail for three months in Texas.  So like, k.  But we think it's probably because he went to the States illegally.  We're not exactly sure.  Cause I was a little uncomfortable being like, "OMG TELL ME MORE WHY WERE YOU IN JAIL?!?!?!??!?!"  So like........yeah.

And today there were a bunch of crazies in the street and I felt like Pac Man trying to avoid them all.

Sunday July 20, 2014

Lina didn't come to church today.  Again.  And you wanna know why?  It's pretty ironic actually.  We called her in the afternoon to ask her what happened and she was like, "Hermanas.  I'm not going to lie.  I didn't come to church today because I drank a couple beers last night."  Like what the heck, Lina.  It's ironic because we just taught her the Word of Wisdom on Friday.  And she told us that she didn't have any problems with any of it, and that she was willing to give up everything for the Lord.  And she was like, "And I haven't even drank for three months so it's all good!  And when I do drink, I just like one or two beers and then I'm done."  

Ugh, Satan, you suck.

But guess who did go to church?!  JOSE ALEXIS.  And he had an interview with the stake president and afterwards he couldn't stop talking about serving a mission!  What a miracle.  Because before he didn't even want to talk about serving a mission.  But now everything's changed!  What a miracle.

Also apparently some spirit is stalking me but that's a long story.


AND YUP.  That was my week.

I LOVE HONDURAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xoxo,

Hermana Holdaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...